The Scout was a close and important ally of the Benevolent Queen: he recognised the signs of the times at an early stage and could interpret them correctly. He was a visionary and a great optimist. He taught the ruler that life is in constant flux. It’s imperative to keep calm and to make the right decisions at the right time.
The Scout and the Salzburger Summit Game
Hikers can learn peace, composure and foresight from the Scout. As an optimist he consciously sets his sight on the beautiful and good things in life. As everything is a question of perspective and perfect timing.
Speciality of the Rossbrand
The Rossbrand counts as one of the most beautiful mountains for views in the Alps with a magnificent 360-degree panorama. Those who don’t want to hike up can take the bus or drive up by car almost as far as the summit plateau.
The ritual on the Rossbrand
Simply lie down on the ground, feel the earth beneath you and observe the sky: the ritual on the Rossbrand is a guide to relaxed idleness and can be combined with a fun stone oracle, which helps with important decisions.
The Salzburger Summit Game
at a glance
The Salzburger Summit Game invites you to conquer the seven peaks of the Salzburger Sportwelt by yourself. You can purchase the “starter pack“ consisting of drinking cup, tour book and hiking map in the local Tourist Offices: the tour book includes interesting information about all the summits plus thoughts for along the way. It provides space for personal entries too. At all the summits you’ll find a summit book, in which you can leave a personal entry and where you‘ll find the ritual.
All resorts of the Salzburger Sportwelt are part of the Salzburger Summit Game: that is the resorts of Eben, Filzmoos, Radstadt, Flachau, Altenmarkt-Zauchensee, Wagrain-Kleinarl and St. Johann in Salzburg. You can purchase the “starter packs“ for the Salzburger Summit Game from the Tourist Offices in all of these resorts.
Die „Wohlwollende Königin und ihre Edelmänner“ waren einst eine mächtige Herrscherin und ihre weisen Berater. Mittlerweile längst versteinert, erinnert heute die sieben Berge Bischofsmütze, Penkkopf, Hochgründeck, Saukarfunktel, Gerzkopf, Rossbrand und Lackenkogel an die Legende.
The tours are all easy to medium difficult and can be undertaken by adults as well as children. There are no climbing passages or exposed spots.
For each summit a ritual has been concepted around the peculiarities of the Queen, the Noblemen and their messages to us human beings. Thus, for example, the Bearer of Secret’s ritual concerns our most secret wishes, the Poet’s ritual concerns our talents and the Magician’s ritual is all about leaving your comfort zone. The rituals should be taken as an invitation or inspiration and are not obligatory.
the Salzburger Summit Game
1. You can purchase your personal summit box at all Tourist Offices in the Salzburg Sportwelt: it contains the basics needed – tour book, drinking cup with carabiner handle and map.
2. You can conquer the summits in any order you wish. Pick up a stamp for your tour book at every summit.
3. For each stamp collected, we’ll give you a “collectible summit“ for your drinking cup. Carry these visibly on your rucksack, so that you can recognised by other summiteers.
4. In each of the summit books you’ll find interesting information about that particular mountain, plus a ritual. Get inspired!
5. Once you have climbed all seven mountains, a nice surprise is waiting for you. Pick them up at one of the tourist offices.