Even the Benevolent Queen sometimes forgot how beautiful and surprising life can be: when the challenges of everyday life got too big and daunting, she lost sight her jauntiness. Then the Magician came into her life and inspired her to dance, laugh sing and other trivialities. He was her best advisor, for bring back zest, passion and lightness into her life.
The Magician and the Salzburger Summit Game
The Magician challenges us as he lives completely according to the principle of pleasure. We do that too, don’t we or do we put work, duty and responsibility above everything else? The Magician teaches us to view life as a gift and to enjoy it with relish.
Speciality of the Penkkopf
In June hoards of fireflies buzz around the summit giving it a “magical“ aura.
The ritual on the Penkkopf
DThe Magician’s ritual encourages us to leave our own comfort zone and to do things we don’t normally dare to do. It doesn’t matter what others think. We alone decide what we fancy doing: quite possibly, a real challenge!
The Salzburger Summit Game
at a glance
The Salzburger Summit Game invites you to conquer the seven peaks of the Salzburger Sportwelt by yourself. You can purchase the “starter pack“ consisting of drinking cup, tour book and hiking map in the local Tourist Offices: the tour book includes interesting information about all the summits plus thoughts for along the way. It provides space for personal entries too. At all the summits you’ll find a summit book, in which you can leave a personal entry and where you‘ll find the ritual.
All resorts of the Salzburger Sportwelt are part of the Salzburger Summit Game: that is the resorts of Eben, Filzmoos, Radstadt, Flachau, Altenmarkt-Zauchensee, Wagrain-Kleinarl and St. Johann in Salzburg. You can purchase the “starter packs“ for the Salzburger Summit Game from the Tourist Offices in all of these resorts.
Die „Wohlwollende Königin und ihre Edelmänner“ waren einst eine mächtige Herrscherin und ihre weisen Berater. Mittlerweile längst versteinert, erinnert heute die sieben Berge Bischofsmütze, Penkkopf, Hochgründeck, Saukarfunktel, Gerzkopf, Rossbrand und Lackenkogel an die Legende.
The tours are all easy to medium difficult and can be undertaken by adults as well as children. There are no climbing passages or exposed spots.
For each summit a ritual has been concepted around the peculiarities of the Queen, the Noblemen and their messages to us human beings. Thus, for example, the Bearer of Secret’s ritual concerns our most secret wishes, the Poet’s ritual concerns our talents and the Magician’s ritual is all about leaving your comfort zone. The rituals should be taken as an invitation or inspiration and are not obligatory.
the Salzburger Summit Game
1. You can purchase your personal summit box at all Tourist Offices in the Salzburg Sportwelt: it contains the basics needed – tour book, drinking cup with carabiner handle and map.
2. You can conquer the summits in any order you wish. Pick up a stamp for your tour book at every summit.
3. For each stamp collected, we’ll give you a “collectible summit“ for your drinking cup. Carry these visibly on your rucksack, so that you can recognised by other summiteers.
4. In each of the summit books you’ll find interesting information about that particular mountain, plus a ritual. Get inspired!
5. Once you have climbed all seven mountains, a nice surprise is waiting for you. Pick them up at one of the tourist offices.