The Bearer of Secrets was a powerful ally of the Benevolent Queen. Her wishes and secrets were in his good hands: he took care of them like treasure, ridiculed nothing and took every one of them seriously. But not only that: when the Queen lost sight of her wishes, he reminded her to reset her focus.
The Bearer of Secrets and
the Salzburger Summit Game
The Bearer of Secrets wants to encourage you to define your wishes. For wishes to be fulfilled, you must actively work towards them. Thus, the Bearer of Secrets teaches us to be clear about our wishes and to express them properly.
Speciality of the Gerzkopf
Right on the summit of the Gerzkopf there is a highly sensitive and extremely rare nature reserve, where amongst other things, mountain cocks, dragonflies and tree pipits all enjoy their natural habitat. Plus there’s a mysterious legend surrounding the “Black Lake“: you can read all about on an info board on site.
The ritual on the Gerzkopf
The ritual of the Bearer of Secrets is all about your secret wishes. Right on the summit you’ll find a great opportunity to define your wishes and to profess them to the wind.
The Salzburger Summit Game
at a glance
The Salzburger Summit Game invites you to conquer the seven peaks of the Salzburger Sportwelt by yourself. You can purchase the “starter pack“ consisting of drinking cup, tour book and hiking map in the local Tourist Offices: the tour book includes interesting information about all the summits plus thoughts for along the way. It provides space for personal entries too. At all the summits you’ll find a summit book, in which you can leave a personal entry and where you‘ll find the ritual.
All resorts of the Salzburger Sportwelt are part of the Salzburger Summit Game: that is the resorts of Eben, Filzmoos, Radstadt, Flachau, Altenmarkt-Zauchensee, Wagrain-Kleinarl and St. Johann in Salzburg. You can purchase the “starter packs“ for the Salzburger Summit Game from the Tourist Offices in all of these resorts.
Die „Wohlwollende Königin und ihre Edelmänner“ waren einst eine mächtige Herrscherin und ihre weisen Berater. Mittlerweile längst versteinert, erinnert heute die sieben Berge Bischofsmütze, Penkkopf, Hochgründeck, Saukarfunktel, Gerzkopf, Rossbrand und Lackenkogel an die Legende.
The tours are all easy to medium difficult and can be undertaken by adults as well as children. There are no climbing passages or exposed spots.
For each summit a ritual has been concepted around the peculiarities of the Queen, the Noblemen and their messages to us human beings. Thus, for example, the Bearer of Secret’s ritual concerns our most secret wishes, the Poet’s ritual concerns our talents and the Magician’s ritual is all about leaving your comfort zone. The rituals should be taken as an invitation or inspiration and are not obligatory.
the Salzburger Summit Game
1. You can purchase your personal summit box at all Tourist Offices in the Salzburg Sportwelt: it contains the basics needed – tour book, drinking cup with carabiner handle and map.
2. You can conquer the summits in any order you wish. Pick up a stamp for your tour book at every summit.
3. For each stamp collected, we’ll give you a “collectible summit“ for your drinking cup. Carry these visibly on your rucksack, so that you can recognised by other summiteers.
4. In each of the summit books you’ll find interesting information about that particular mountain, plus a ritual. Get inspired!
5. Once you have climbed all seven mountains, a nice surprise is waiting for you. Pick them up at one of the tourist offices.