Do you know the feeling? You get back from your holiday full of energy. Still full of happiness and joy at having had just a great time. But somehow also a little sad that it’s already over. You want to remember this holiday for a long time. At the latest, when you are back in your normal routine and longing for a holiday, you pick up your mobile phone and look at the old holiday photos. The photos awaken memories and that holiday feeling.
Personally, I print out my favourite picture after every holiday and hang it on my photo wall at home in order to bring a little holiday home with me.
Are you looking for the perfect place to take “THE souvenir photo” of your holiday in Flachau? I’ll gladly to tell you some of my favourite places.
1. Schloss Höch Castle: A jewel from the Renaissance amid a magnificent natural landscape gives your photo a very special touch. After the short hike up to Höch Castle, you can treat yourself to a cool down dip in the bathing lake.
2. Marbachtal Valley: The idyllic Marbachtal is one of the most beautiful alpine valleys in the Radstädter Tauern. The easy hike into the Marbachtal leads along a forest road and is therefore also suitable for pushchairs. A variety of different perspectives such as mountains, forests or the rustic alpine huts make for varied, unique souvenir pictures.
3. Neukarsee Lake: Small but mighty! The hidden mountain lake in Flachauwinkl. The path to it leads over the Marbachtal and after the alpine pastures you take a path to the left up into the mountains. Be careful, there is a short section secured with ropes, surefootedness is required. Once you have conquered the ascent, you reach the gasthof plateau where the Neukarsee lake is located. A real insider’s tip for advanced hikers.
4. Lackenalmen: An alpine landscape at 1,630 metres above sea level. Up there you don’t need to search for the perfect location, the location will find you. Tip: The further climb to the summit of the Lackenkogel is really worth ut. Up there you have a great view of the Dachstein Mountains.
5. Kirchnerwehr: Ideally located, and a hot tip. The Kirchnerwehr is an artistic wooden bridge over the Enns and is only a few minutes’ walk from the centre of the village.
6. The reservoir on Flori’s adventure trail: Children’s laughter in this photo is guaranteed, as the photo point is located on Flori’s adventure trail. Actually, you’ll find ideal photo motifs for great family photos all along the adventure trail. You can easily get up to the Flori’s Adventure Trail by cable car.
7. Aigenberg – telescope, view of the Flachautal: A little insider tip among locals. The telescope is near Gasthof Horner. I particularly like this place. It’s a bit secluded and perfect for fun photos. In the background you have a beautiful view of the Flachautal valley.
8. Sattelbauer – view towards the Dachstein Mountains: This photo spot is located on the mountain, but is still easy to reach by car. Here you can shoot your mountain photo in a relaxed and smartly dressed manner. The Dachstein mountains in the background make every photo unique.
9. Hermann Maier Statue – Flachau Festival Hall: If you’re looking for something typical here, you’re right in the right spot here in Flachau at Hermann-Maier-Platz 1. A 2m high Hermann Maier statue will spice up your photo. If you prefer to have the ski star (unfortunately not the real one) standing next to you, there is a photo point in the Hermann Maier Gallery.
10. Griessenkareck: You simply must have stood on this peak if you spend your holiday in Flachau. The cable cars take you quite far up to Flachau’s local mountain. The last climb up to the summit has to be hiked. A large summit cross and a magnificent mountain panorama in the background provide you with a bombastic summit photo.
photo credits: Verena Helminger, zuparino – Niko Zuparic, Kathrin Kaserbacher – Flachau Tourismus, You are an adventure story